Venice Stone research focused towards the future
Venice Stone has always been on the leading edge of the production of composite stone thanks to continuous and consistent investments made in research and development. A successful strategy that provides the opportunity to anticipate market requirements and to look with confidence to the future.
In its laboratories, an expert team of technicians are dedicated full-time to the development of both the technical and physical performance characteristics of the products as well as the study of its design, texture and colour in order to obtain the best product possible.
The creation of the Venice Stone product process by Venice Stone Internal Research and Development laboratories has created a new exclusive process, applicable to quartz surfaces, which unites the best of technical performance characteristics to the latest principles of environmental compatibility.
Venice Stone at the heart of the production process
The standard production process of Venice Stone quartz surfaces can be summarised as follows:
- Selection of raw materials in order to meet determined aesthetical and technical standards
- Mixing of the raw materials according to pre-fixed criteria
- Compaction by vibration and simultaneous compression under vacuum condition of the amalgamated material
The heart of the production process, during the curing phase where the reticulation of the resin consent the hardening of the slab. In this phase the adoption of a particular bonding agent and about all else the exclusive procedure for the hardening of the slab with takes place in different phases, in distinct holding areas with different monitored temperatures minimizes any possibility of non-complete curing.
Venice Stone an eco-compatible process
- Maximum environmental respect for products manufactured through traditional slab production processes.
- Elimination of undesirable volatile substances.
- Consistency, better technical and physical performance characteristics (flexural strength, alkaline aggression resistance, etc.)
- Consistency reduction of environmental impact both during further transformation of the slab and at the moment of by-product end of life-cycle disposal.
- Pre-emptively takes into consideration the future requirement of the European Union Committee for Standardization regarding the composition of building materials and control of substance emissions into the environment.
Venice Stone presents non complete reticulation
The Venice Stone production process minimizes any possibility of non-complete curing and hence as a consequence minimizes the possible emission of Volatile Organic Compounds (V.O.C) after the completion of the hardening process while at the same time improving the technical and physical performance characteristics (flexural strength, alkaline aggression resistance, etc.) of the slab and the finished products derived from them.
Laboratory tests show that Venice Stone reduces residual emission of VOCs to one hundredth of the values obtained when compared with traditional production systems, hence the reactive substance in the product will be virtually non present, eliminating, as a consequence, the emission of volatile substances both in the atmosphere and through water wash-out.
|Back||Back to top|